[okfn-discuss] Tools for collaboratively developing online bibliographic indexes

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Dec 1 00:01:17 UTC 2009

Finn, Puneet: I've known about Mendeley for a while (via Victor
Henning) but have yet to investigate. Puneet - does it have good
export functions, and do you know how easy it would be to
collaboratively edit bibliographies? Also I would really want to
specific that the bibliographic data I contributed was open (ideally
in the public domain)...

Finn: I've also thought about using Semantic Media Wiki a little bit.
I've also had discussions with Rufus about using the software behind
publicdomainworks.net. My inclination is to continue to investigate
out-of-the-box bibliographic software first, and to start to
experiment if I can't find a good fit!

Also, I had a look at your excellent Brede Wiki, and was about to add
it to CKAN, before I realised that someone beat me to it!

  http://ckan.net/package/bredewiki

Have you seen our science working group?

  http://wiki.okfn.org/wg/science

Best wishes,

Jonathan