[okfn-discuss] The March Communia workshops?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Feb 16 08:53:07 UTC 2009

2009/2/15  <jo at frot.org>:
> I am unable to find out much more about the Communia workshop planned
> before OKCon than this announcement:
> http://blog.okfn.org/2008/12/19/5th-communia-workshop-london-26-27th-march-2009/
>
> Are there updates, can one register, are 'we' responsible?

Yes to most of those :)

1. The programme is pretty much finalized.

2. As of yesterday there is now an announce on the Communia site:

  <http://www.communia-project.eu/ws05>

3. You can register here:

  <http://communia.eventbrite.com/>

I'd also note the COMMUNIA workshop and OKCon and OKCon
(http://www.okfn.org/okcon/) are contiguous (WS is thurs-fri, OKCon
Sat) so those interested in attending one might wish to attend the
other.

4. We are co-organizing this with LSE. Actual people doing all the
organizing are Jonathan (Gray) and Prodromos (Tsiavos) (in To field).

I understand there has been some delay in getting the final announce
out because of issues related to room bookings at LSE. In theory these
were booked in October/November but these then seemed to have got a
bit mixed up -- something that was only discovered a few weeks ago
when the formal booking notices came through. (I may be getting this
garbled -- Pro has the details so on this).