[okfn-discuss] Fwd: Announcing OpenTech 2009 - 4th July

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Sat Feb 21 01:43:42 UTC 2009

Open Tech 2009 is an informal, low cost, one-day conference
on slightly different approaches to technology, democracy
and community. Thanks to 4IP for sponsoring the event.

*What do we need?*
- Proposals from people who want to give a presentation, run a panel,
  organise a tutorial, or run a demo of something new and interesting
  on something that they think matters or getting people to help.

- Publicity - please blog this announcement, write a newspaper article,
 forward to mailing lists, and tell your friends!

What topics do we hope to cover?
    - Mashups, open data and security
    - Disaster politics and technology
    - Future of media distribution
    - Community engagement
    - Democracy 2.0
    - Highlights, lowlights and lessons learnt
    - Long term thinking on big problems and massive opportunities
    - Tutorials & Workshops - share what you know

    - If you've got an interesting proposal that doesn't fit into any of
      the categories above, please send it in anyway!

What have we already got talks or sessions about?
   - ID, surveillance and data-sharing
   - mySociety
   - international disaster management technologies

   We're still looking for lots more talks on all our
   topics, so if you want to offer something, we're waiting
   to hear your ideas.

*How do I submit a proposal?*
    - Online form via http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2009/offer
    - Deadline for submissions is midnight on Saturday 1st May 2009

*Can I buy or reserve a ticket to the event?*

- Register at http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2009/list
 and we'll email you nearer the time with more information

*Any other questions?*

Read the Submission page or email opentech at ukuug.org

More information at http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2009/

-- the OpenTech 2009 organisers
   http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2009/

        *  please forward to anyone you think might be interested. *
        *            www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2009             *

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator