[okfn-discuss] Fwd: CenturyShare

Prodromos Tsiavos p.tsiavos at lse.ac.uk
Mon Jan 19 22:58:21 UTC 2009

This is indeed an excellent initiative.

However, I need to stress out that CenturyShare is a "transparent" service,
i.e. it is agnostic with respect to the content it aggregates: it is the
original content provider that decides on the terms and conditions under
which the content is made available. This licence could be an open content
one but also an ARR one.

Therefore, it is important for us to participate in the Alpha testing and
note the need to use this service as vehicle for supporting public domain
and open licensed content.

Thanks
pRo