[okfn-discuss] Ideas for OKCon 2010?

Sören Auer auer at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Tue Jul 7 18:10:22 UTC 2009

Jonathan Gray wrote:
> We're now starting to think about next year's annual Open Knowledge
> Conference (OKCon) in London:
>
>   http://wiki.okfn.org/wg/okcon
>
> Anyone have any suggestions for strands, speakers, or sessions they'd
> like to see there?

Great Jonathan, that you trigger that now already. This time I will
definitely attend ;-)
Since we are still early, we could think about sending out a call for
papers/presentations. It doesn't have to be that strict as with purely
scientific conferences, but I think this would raise awareness of OKCon
and help getting more people on board.
Such a call for papers could be for example grouped around the pillars
technology, society and culture. We could ask people to submit short
papers (e.g. up to 6 pages) or presentations (e.g. 10-15 slides) and use
that as input for creating a programme.
Of course we could still leave space for spontaneous presentations and
talks. What do you think? If you like the idea I will be happy to help
drafting such a call.

Cheers,

Sören