[okfn-discuss] "Where Does My Money Go" update

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Jul 29 12:49:21 UTC 2009

Thanks to Mike Chelen we now have the *whole* of PESA uploaded to
shared Google Docs and nicely interlinked:

  <http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rzL54KB4Krsd3Xu74P-lKDA>

Lisa Evans and I have been digging through this, summarizing our
findings both in that spreadsheet and on the wiki:

  <http://wiki.okfn.org/p/Government_Finances/PESA>

One thing we've been able to do as a result is extract one more level
of breakdown of UK spending data (by department then function):

  <http://openeconomics.net/wdmmg/overview/department/>

You can also take a look by function then department (so you can see,
for example, how much is spent on 'Defence' across all departments):

  <http://openeconomics.net/wdmmg/overview/function/>

Question: with this extra level of information are these
visualizations too 'busy'? (You can get the old version with by
appending ?levels=1 to the url).

Also, at least in terms of granularity of breakdown, this seems the
limit of what PESA can provide. To go farther it seems we'll have to
start digging at the level of individual departments ...

Join our "100 supporters pledge": http://www.pledgebank.com/support-okfn
Promoting Open Knowledge in a Digital Age - http://www.okfn.org/