[okfn-discuss] guide to resources

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Thu Jun 4 10:41:02 UTC 2009

Rufus Pollock wrote:
> 2009/5/28 James Casbon <casbon at gmail.com>:
>> Is there an overview of the various mailing lists, websites, etc
>> somewhere?  There are quite a few lists, websites, repositories and
>> more, and I'm trying to get my head around what goes where.
>
> Good question!

Incidentally, FWIW, in the world of service orientation this is called
"asset inventory". An asset inventory is a list of asset descriptions,
designed to help with service discovery and change management.

Assets can be non-software, software units, or software services. Assets
are described in terms of providers and users, basic capabilities
(software assets: name and basic description), how satisfactory, and how
easy to change. Issues can be effectively tracked and prioritized
against assets, including by delegation to project backlogs.

Best wishes,

John.