[okfn-discuss] Crown Commons?

Andy Kaplan-Myrth andy at kaplan-myrth.ca
Thu Jun 11 14:37:52 UTC 2009

Reading the Cabinet Office blog post on Berners-Lee helping the UK
with open information, I note that it mentions developing "'Crown
Commons' licenses".

Does anybody know any more details about that, and whether there has
been any work done on that in the UK already? It's an area of interest
to us in Canada. Last month the Canadian House of Commons procedures
committee created a limited licence on "the proceedings of the House
of Commons and its Committees"[1] and we hope it will be a starting
point to build a Crown Commons type of licence here
   [1] http://bit.ly/crowncommonscanada

Any insight into the status of that initiative in the UK or elsewhere
would be welcome!

Cheers,
Andy

--