[okfn-discuss] tracking members, subscriptions, volunteers and CiviCRM

James Casbon casbon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 14:03:03 UTC 2009

Per the board meeting, I would like to understand from Jonathan and
Rufus what requirements they have for tracking people involved in the
organisation.  I realise requirements collection never really works
so, perhaps it's best if you head over to CiviCRM and try the demo to
get an idea of what is possible: http://drupal.demo.civicrm.org/

I would point out that it would help:
 * track people (be they members, volunteers, donors)
 * track donations and subscriptions
 * track events
 * manage mailings

I would therefore think it is quite well suited to helping OKFN grow.

Michael, I have copied you because you may have some advanced opinions
on managing this information - and once you've tried the demo you may
want me to port ORGs data over ;)

It's PHP which means OKFN doesn't have AFAIK the skills to customise,
but it looks to have an active development and community which is
encouraging.

Cheers,
James