[okfn-discuss] Where Does My Money Go: what should we work on first?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jun 18 19:19:59 UTC 2009

2009/6/18 William Waites <ww at styx.org>:
> 2009/6/17 Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org>:
[...]
>> I really like the idea of including the temporal component. PESA
>> (which I mentioned in my previous email) has data going back a decade
>> or so though they have a special note saying that data may not always
>> be comparable.
>
> I'm looking at the PESA stuff slowly - I am surprised by the differences
> in nomenclature from what I am used to. I had to look up "outturn" in
> a dictionary ;)

Yes. I'm pretty lost with it too! For example, looking at first table
on expenditure [1] I'm mystified by what DEL and AME are (they are not
explained in the footnotes). I'm thinking of uploading this stuff to a
google docs spreadsheet so it can be added to and commented on.

[1] <http://www.openeconomics.net/wdmmg/spend>

PS: I already have some code to grab the PESA stuff, extract the data
and shove it in a DB (link into mercurial repo):

<http://knowledgeforge.net/econ/hg/file/tip/econdata/ukgovfinances>