[okfn-discuss] Where Does My Money Go: what should we work on first?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri Jun 19 13:56:54 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Hjalmar Gislason<hjalli at hjalli.com> wrote:
>> Fantastic! This starts to make me think that it might interesting to
>> do something pan-european ...
>
> Absolutely. Very interesting.

This is what I had in mind when I did the original WDMMG proposal a
couple of years ago. It would be great to do a bit of research on EU
member state budget publication guidelines. I know that the OECD has
something like this.

I created a ticket for this: http://knowledgeforge.net/okfn/tasks/ticket/52

>> > ...without understanding a thing :)
>>
>> Do you have any English material about this (and is the data you used
>> openly available?)  We'd love to blog about this.
>
> I should and I will. I'm also trying to get the budget in English. I
> understand that while it's not available online, it does exist at the
> Ministry of Finance. When I get it, I'll make the English version available
> on our web site.

Amazing. It would also be great to put an entry on CKAN for this, and
for any other Icelandic public datasets you know of! (Including the
tag 'country-iceland'...)

[snip]
> Certainly. I wonder to what degree EU/EEC countries are required to report
> to Brussels in a standardized format. It might not be too detailed, but it
> would make for a nice pan-European comparison.

(See above!)

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator