[okfn-discuss] A potential econtent funding application

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri May 8 11:00:29 UTC 2009

2009/5/7 Jo Walsh <jo at frot.org>:
>> This looks great! It would be interesting to see how this could fit
>> with JISC application Rufus is working on with Peter Murray-Rust,
>> through Cambridge University.
>
> Right I saw Rufus' note about CKAN+ and guess there to be a lot
> of overlap in potential scope. It sounds like a goer and I hope it is
> a success.
>
> I would just like to help out with something while i have a bit of time.
> Oh i could hack on CKAN anyway, right? What is needed with that?

Here's the roadmap and latest milestone's tickets:

<http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/trac/roadmap>
<http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/trac/query?milestone=v0.9>

Most interesting, especially for geo stuff, is the addition of generic
attributes to packages (ticket:43). We also want to add manifest
support (i.e. list of "files" in a package) but that isn't planned for
this iteration.

First step is probably to get CKAN installed and tests passing on your
machine. I'd be happy to help here -- probably best done on okfn-help
or irc so we don't clog things up too much here :)

>> We usually post funding related stuff on okfn-coord. Several people
>> from JISC are on the okfn-discuss list. Perhaps we should rethink this
>> and could start post funding stuff on okfn-help or okfn-discuss? What
>> do others think?
>
> I think it would be better to discuss fundraising in public unless there
> is some matter of real confidence involved...

I think you're absolutely right. We'll try moving any applying for
funding  to okfn-help or here.