[okfn-discuss] urls as contracts in CKAN

P Kishor punkish at eidesis.org
Fri Nov 20 20:42:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
> 2009/11/20 James Casbon <casbon at gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was chatting to someone in the http://www.intermine.org/ team.
>>
>> They generate what are essentially views on their database which are
>> assigned unique urls (called templates in intermine terminology).
>> They want to know if another service is using this url, so that it can
>> become a 'contract' between two services.

Please explain a bit more what you mean by a "contract" between the
two services? Is this "contract" as in the legal sense of the word (I
will scratch your back if you scratch my back)?

And, what is the expectation in terms of holding one's end of a such contract?

Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org