[okfn-discuss] Making The OKF Blog Better: Featured Projects, Guest Posts, ...?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Sep 1 23:01:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 8:42 PM, Rufus Pollock<rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
> All sound good -- I guess we can also start looking through the list
> of fully open items on CKAN.

I wonder - is there a URL to retrieve a list of all open packages on CKAN?

> If people have suggestions for projects we should cover please let us
> know -- it would be particularly nice to cover smaller projects which
> aren't so well-known.

Indeed - and in general if anyone has anything they'd like to blog
about, pop me a note!

> Do we already have a tag on the blog for this or do we want a new one?
> It would be useful to have this so we can easily aggregate such
> information.

We've now got a "Featured Projects" category.

> Rather than have people email or post stuff here I was wondering if
> there is a way we can harness del.icio.us, twitter, identi.ca etc for
> this purpose -- i.e. people just tag stuff on there and we can then
> pick it up.
>
> To that end what unique tag should we use? #oknews? #okstuff?

#oknews sounds good! Will start using this...

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator
The Open Knowledge Foundation