[okfn-discuss] Open Knowledge Conference Logo

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Sep 3 14:31:25 UTC 2009

2009/9/1 Joseph Seddon <joseph.seddon at wikimedia.org.uk>:
> Since the conference hasnt had a logo, i quickly created a working logo to
> be used for the time being untill a better one is made or if this one is
> suitable then it can be used in the long term if you guys wish.
>
> The logo can be found at: http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:OKCON_logo.svg

I already think this looks nice. If you want to take a look at/reuse
any of the artwork from the standard OKF logo you can find various
incarnations here:

<http://m.okfn.org/gfx/logo/>

With the main one being:

<http://m.okfn.org/gfx/logo/logo_fullname.svg>

In terms of fonts I think for the main logo we used NeueHelvetica or
the like and it may be nice to use a similar font for the OKCon logo.

> Its not perfect yet as I havnt ensured the positions are all aligned as they
> should be, but comments on the look, feel and general thinking on the logo
> would be appreciated.

It may be a bit ambitious but I wonder whether we want to add anything
into the logo indicating the theme of "knowledge" and "openness". For
example, I remember with Free Culture UK, we did something around an
open book:

<http://www.freeculture.org.uk/images/logo.png>

Alternatively we could perhaps try to do something visually with the
"genes to geodata, stats to sonnets" idea.