No subject

Sun Dec 12 18:29:16 UTC 2010

are many affordable travel and accommodation options available to make your
stay in Finland a great one at <http://okfestival.org/accommodation>.

*** FESTIVAL PROGRAMMING ***

The 2012 theme of OKFestival is 'Open Knowledge in Action', looking at the
value that can be generated by opening up knowledge, the ecosystems of
organisations that can benefit from this, and the impacts that transparency
can have in our societies. This year's schedule is diverse, with over 13
guest-planned Topic Streams from "Transparency and Accountability" to
"Openness in Sustainability" including programming such as:

* A series of hackathons and coding jams, including a Green Hackathon with
CESC, hackathons about Building the Cultural Commons and Open Science, and
an introductory coding jam with RailsGirls Finland.
* A variety of participatory sessions, from hands-on open hardware
workshops in Finland's first FABlab to the world's first Art of Open Data
Cooking workshop to sessions on the School of Data.
* A set of in-depth meetings on different topics related to openness, from
developer meetups about Open Source software with Finland's OpenMind
conference, to sessions on the Open Government Partnership and the EU
Citizens' Initiative, to a live broadcast between innovation hubs in
Finland and Africa.
* An increasingly-imminent list of Featured Speakers<
http://okfestival.org/guest-speakers/> from the Gapminder Foundation's Hans
Rosling to Member of European Parliament Anneli J=E4=E4tteenm=E4ki to the W=
orld
Bank's Carlos Rossel to the Free Software Foundation's Karsten Gerloff to
Climate Change Capital's James Cameron.

*** BUY YOUR TICKETS TODAY ***

Tickets are now available online at <
http://okfestival.org/early-bird-okfest-tickets> . Reserve yours now to
join the largest open knowledge crowd of the year in Finland. They are
selling fast, and our list of confirmed festival attendees <
http://okfestival.org/festival-attendees> continues to grow, with
participants from Jyv=E4skyl=E4 to Guyana.

*** GET IN TOUCH ***

Have questions for our Topic Stream planners or the Core Organising Team?
Want to get involved by proposing a satellite or evening event? Feel free
to contact us at <http://okfestival.org/contact> and get involved on
Twitter using the hashtag '#OKFest', on Facebook at <
http://facebook.com/OpenKnowledgeFestival> and on the public Flickr Pool at
<http://www.flickr.com/groups/okfest/pool>.

See you in Helsinki!

Groups<http://okfn.org/chapters>
| Twitter @kat_braybrooke <http://twitter.com/kat_braybrooke> | Skype
@ardent_coeur

--20cf307ca5388d2c2e04c7c4748a

weeks left until the OKFestival &lt;<a href=3D"http://okfestival.org" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://okfestival.org</a>&gt; week starts in Helsinki, here is=
 our latest rundown of everything you need to know about the event. We=92re=
 very excited about what&#39;s in store for participants this year, so it w=
ould be great if you could share the details with your contacts. You can al=
so find the text below on the OKFN blog at &lt;<a href=3D"http://ow.ly/d768=
h" target=3D"_blank">http://ow.ly/d768h</a>&gt;. Thank you so much in advan=
ce, and we look forward to meeting many of you next month!</div>

ear&#39;s event in Helsinki, Finland - a series of hands-on workshops, talk=
s, hackathons, meetings and sprints organised by a wide range of open knowl=
edge communities around the globe. OKFestival 2012 combines the themes of o=
ur annual Open Government Data Camp (OGDCamp) and Open Knowledge Conference=
 (OKCon) into a week of action and inspiration organised by the Open Knowle=
dge Foundation, the Finnish Institute in London and Aalto Media Factory alo=
ng with hundreds of Guest Programme Planners. With 400 tickets already rese=
rved by participants from more than 40 nations, OKFestival is the one of th=
e world&#39;s largest open knowledge events to date.</div>

div><div>OKFestival 2012 runs from Monday 17th to Saturday 22nd of Septembe=
r. We offer both day and week tickets, with week tickets covering all three=
 of OKFestival=92s action-packed Core Conference Days &lt;<a href=3D"http:/=
/okfestival.org/schedule" target=3D"_blank">http://okfestival.org/schedule<=
/a>&gt; from Tuesday 18th September to Thursday 20th September. A variety o=
f Satellite Events are also running before and after the event, with a summ=
ary and debrief day on Friday 21st September. From Couchsurfing with Finnis=
h locals to hotels in downtown Helsinki, there are many affordable travel a=
nd accommodation options available to make your stay in Finland a great one=
 at &lt;<a href=3D"http://okfestival.org/accommodation" target=3D"_blank">h=
ttp://okfestival.org/accommodation</a>&gt;.</div>

div>The 2012 theme of OKFestival is &#39;Open Knowledge in Action&#39;, loo=
king at the value that can be generated by opening up knowledge, the ecosys=
tems of organisations that can benefit from this, and the impacts that tran=
sparency can have in our societies.=A0This year&#39;s schedule is diverse, =
with over 13 guest-planned Topic Streams from &quot;Transparency and Accoun=
tability&quot; to &quot;Openness in Sustainability&quot; including programm=
ing such as:</div>

reen Hackathon with CESC, hackathons about Building the Cultural Commons an=
d Open Science, and an introductory coding jam with RailsGirls Finland.</di=
v>

kshops in Finland&#39;s first FABlab to the world&#39;s first Art of Open D=
ata Cooking workshop to sessions on the School of Data.</div><div>* A set o=
f in-depth meetings on different topics related to openness, from developer=
 meetups about Open Source software with Finland&#39;s OpenMind conference,=
 to sessions on the Open Government Partnership and the EU Citizens&#39; In=
itiative, to a live broadcast between innovation hubs in Finland and Africa=
.</div>

p://okfestival.org/guest-speakers/" target=3D"_blank">http://okfestival.org=
/guest-speakers/</a>&gt; from the Gapminder Foundation&#39;s Hans Rosling t=
o Member of European Parliament Anneli J=E4=E4tteenm=E4ki to the World Bank=
&#39;s Carlos Rossel to the Free Software Foundation&#39;s Karsten Gerloff =
to Climate Change Capital&#39;s James Cameron.</div>

org/early-bird-okfest-tickets" target=3D"_blank">http://okfestival.org/earl=
y-bird-okfest-tickets</a>&gt; . Reserve yours now to join the largest open =
knowledge crowd of the year in Finland. They are selling fast, and our list=
 of confirmed festival attendees &lt;<a href=3D"http://okfestival.org/festi=
val-attendees" target=3D"_blank">http://okfestival.org/festival-attendees</=
a>&gt; continues to grow, with participants from Jyv=E4skyl=E4 to Guyana.</=
div>

 questions for our Topic Stream planners or the Core Organising Team? Want =
to get involved by proposing a satellite or evening event? Feel free to con=
tact us at &lt;<a href=3D"http://okfestival.org/contact" target=3D"_blank">=
http://okfestival.org/contact</a>&gt; and get involved on Twitter using the=
 hashtag &#39;#OKFest&#39;, on Facebook at &lt;<a href=3D"http://facebook.c=
om/OpenKnowledgeFestival" target=3D"_blank">http://facebook.com/OpenKnowled=
geFestival</a>&gt; and on the public Flickr Pool at &lt;<a href=3D"http://w=
ww.flickr.com/groups/okfest/pool" target=3D"_blank">http://www.flickr.com/g=
roups/okfest/pool</a>&gt;.=A0</div>

=3D"all"><div><span style=3D"color:rgb(102,102,102)"><span style=3D"color:r=

.org/" target=3D"_blank">OKFestival 2012</a>=A0&amp;=A0<a href=3D"http://ok=
fn.org/chapters" target=3D"_blank">Regional Groups</a></div>

">|=A0</span></span>Twitter @<a href=3D"http://twitter.com/kat_braybrooke" =
target=3D"_blank">kat_braybrooke</a>=A0|=A0Skype @ardent_coeur=A0=A0</div><=
span style=3D"color:rgb(102,102,102)"><span style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0)"><br>

--20cf307ca5388d2c2e04c7c4748a--