[okfn-discuss] OKCon 2011 in Berlin?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Dec 8 20:35:28 UTC 2010

On 8 December 2010 16:25, Daniel Dietrich <daniel.dietrich at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this is a proposal to held next years Open Knowledge Conference in Berlin. The idea is to have this conference become even more international.

This is fantastic.

> There is a local team of Jonathan, Friedrich and me happy to help organize the event.
>
> So far we have two possible venue locations, both very nicely located and with excellent facilities. Both can only offer the following dates.
>
> Kalkscheune - http://www.kalkscheune.de/
>
> 25th & 26th Mai
> 9th & 10th June
> 16th & 17th June
>
> GLS Campus- http://www.gls-german-courses.de/2013.html
>
> 12th &13th Mail

I sort of feel that May is quite soon (we need to get out a CFP etc)
but happy to be told I'm wrong. I also wonder about July (is that
better/worse on average for people).

> What do people think about this in general? And how do people think about the dates? Shall I open a doodle to find the best date?

I don't think we need a doodle here - this is of a different order.
what we do need to do is establish that there are no clashes.

> PS: Unfortunately for myself I have to say that I can't do the dates in June

That's a big deal -- as one of the people who'd be the local
coordinator :) I imagine you'd need to be there!