[okfn-discuss] [ANN] FOSDEM datadevroom - Feb. 5 2011 - Brussels - Call for Presentations

Olivier Grisel olivier.grisel at ensta.org
Mon Dec 13 21:25:35 UTC 2010

Hello friends of Open Data,

We (Isabel Drost, Nicolas Maillot and I) are organizing a Data
Analytics Devroom that will take place during the next edition of
the FOSDEM in Brussels on Feb. 5. Here is the CFP:

http://datadevroom.couch.it/CFP

You might be interested in attending the event and take the
opportunity to speak about your projects.

Important Dates (all dates in GMT +2):

Submission deadline: 2010-12-17
Notification of accepted speakers: 2010-12-20
Publication of final schedule: 2011-01-10
Meetup: 2011-02-05

The event will comprise presentations on scalable data processing. We
invite you to submit talks on the topics: Information retrieval /
Search Large Scale data processing, Machine Learning, Text Mining,
Computer vision, [Linked] Open Data.

High quality, technical submissions are called for, ranging from
principles to practice. We are looking for presentations on the
implementation of the systems themselves, real world applications and
case studies.

Submissions should be based on free software solutions.

Please re-distribute this CFP to people who might be interested.

Note: I am very sorry for the late announcement. If you are interested
in participating but you are not sure you will be able to submit an
abstract and commit to this date, please send us a short email and we
might extend the submission deadline if we are asked to.

Looking forward to meeting you face to face in Brussels,

--
Olivier