No subject

Sun Dec 12 18:29:16 UTC 2010

79 Exceptions to right.

(1)The right conferred by section 77 (right to be identified as author
or director) is subject to the following exceptions.

(2)The right does not apply in relation to the following descriptions of wo=
rk=97

(a)a computer program;

(b)the design of a typeface;

(c)any computer-generated work.
--

"(c) any computer-generated work".  What if the work is part generated
by computer (eg, a computer search of possible grids, anagrams,

Looks like from your e-mail exchange with Auracaria that he's of the
opinion that Tom employed him to make the crossword, so the copyright
is Tom's.  Once Tom has the copyright, he can license it in any way he
likes, including multiple times to multiple parties.

David Jones