[okfn-discuss] Eurostat SPSS and linked data

William Waites ww at eris.okfn.org
Wed Dec 15 13:40:57 UTC 2010

* [2010-12-15 11:28:17 +0100] Andreas Harth <andreas at harth.org> écrit:

] I'll be in Edinburgh and likely work on extending our live wrapper [1],
]
] [1] http://estatwrap.ontologycentral.com/

That's actually phenomenally useful. Thanks for the link!

Regarding SPSS, I'm still wrapping my head around R and
how it represents the data. But what I have in mind is
more or less, to use the python bindings for R in sage
to be able to work with the data, and then to make a
package for RDFlib for sage so that it can interact with
a triplestore (layercake remote sparql store stuff). SPSS
is regular and sufficiently annotated that a direct
translation to datacube might be workable. Also worth
doing in a way such that the SPSS->R->python->QB part
doesn't rely on anything else in sage so that it could
also be used standalone...

Cheers,
-w

--