[okfn-discuss] Art & Culture Data On data.gov.uk

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sun Feb 21 14:26:31 UTC 2010

On 11 February 2010 20:31, Rob Myers <rob at robmyers.org> wrote:
> Further to my query about art datasets a while ago...
>
> The new data.gov.uk site has a few interesting, if not too detailed,
> reports on art and culture trends in the UK -

Would you be interested in creating an "Arts and Culture" Group on
ckan.net? It would be a good place to collect together relevant
packages/datasets (especially once the planned syncing of data.gov.uk
CKAN instance with ckan.net is operational -- and so all data.gov.uk
packages/datasets are available for community editing on ckan.net)

> http://data.gov.uk/data/list?keyword=art
>
> These are listed as "OKD Compliant::UK Crown Copyright with data.gov.uk
> rights", making them compatible with CC-BY-SA -
>
> http://data.gov.uk/terms-conditions/
>
> which is amazing.

It is indeed :)

> It's great to see the government using CKAN and the OKD to get the
> technical and legal structures right, so thank you OKFN for making this
> possible!

Thanks, though the real credit should obviously go to many people
other than us including the far-sighted civil-servants in the Cabinet
Office and elsewhere who are doing all the work inside Government to
make this happen.