[okfn-discuss] ANN: Uberblic.org - Integrating the Web of Data

Georgi Kobilarov georgi.kobilarov at gmx.de
Fri Jan 29 16:13:25 UTC 2010

Hello open data enthusiasts,

There is so much open and often linked data available on the web, but there
has been a lack of an integration service tying together all that linked
data into a more coherent experience.

We are glad to announce the release of uberblic.org, a free integration
service for the web of data which aims to create that integrated experience.

Uberblic imports structured data from sources like Wikipedia, Geonames,
DBpedia, and the BBC, and integrates those sources into a single, coherent
data set. It provides a single point of access to integrated web data, and
we will continue to import many more open data sources soon.

Our Uberblic Platform imports and processes live data, providing e.g.
real-time updates of Wikipedia infobox changes, and will enable users of our
mapping editor to extend data schema mappings interactively. The platform
processes these mapping changes and pushes the resulting data updates
immediately  into our data repository.

Please find more details about the project on http://uberblic.org and find
the announcement with screencast on our blog:
http://uberblic.org/2010/01/uberblic-release/

For discussion about the project, please refer to our uberblic-discussion
mailing list:

We are very excited about this first release, and are very looking forward
to your feedback!

Many thanks to our partners at Talis for their great support and for hosting
the SPARQL endpoint for Uberblic on their Talis Platform.

Best,
Georgi

--
Georgi Kobilarov