[okfn-discuss] ANN: Uberblic.org - Integrating the Web of Data

Mr. Puneet Kishor punkish at eidesis.org
Fri Jan 29 16:18:41 UTC 2010

On Jan 29, 2010, at 10:13 AM, Georgi Kobilarov wrote:

> Hello open data enthusiasts,
>
> There is so much open and often linked data available on the web,
> but there
> has been a lack of an integration service tying together all that
> linked
> data into a more coherent experience.
>
> We are glad to announce the release of uberblic.org, a free
> integration
> service for the web of data which aims to create that integrated
> experience.

This is great, but how is it different from http://ckan.net?

Having a service like this is extremely necessary, but having too many
services like this, especially ones that overlap, might lead to
confusion. Clarity of purpose vis a vis existing efforts might be very
helpful.

Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org