[okfn-discuss] ANN: Uberblic.org - Integrating the Web of Data

Mr. Puneet Kishor punkish at eidesis.org
Fri Jan 29 17:58:16 UTC 2010

While I managed to rant a bit below, I neglected to address the main
point squarely --

On Jan 29, 2010, at 11:51 AM, Mr. Puneet Kishor wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2010, at 11:07 AM, Jo Walsh wrote:
>
>> ..
>>
>> Puneet, I think we just have to get used to overlap.

indeed, multiple overlapping services may be inevitable, and perhaps
even welcome from an "ecology" perspective. However, since CKAN is an
OKFN production, it might be worthwhile to aim for CKAN to become like
CPAN, say, 5-10 years from now. *The* canonical repository for
knowledge. After all, no point in having the adjective "Comprehensive"
in its name, if we don't mean it, and intend to make it so.

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org