[okfn-discuss] ANN: Uberblic.org - Integrating the Web of Data

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Jan 29 18:19:57 UTC 2010

On 29 January 2010 16:18, Mr. Puneet Kishor <punkish at eidesis.org> wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2010, at 10:13 AM, Georgi Kobilarov wrote:
>> Hello open data enthusiasts,
>>
>> There is so much open and often linked data available on the web, but
>> there
>> has been a lack of an integration service tying together all that linked
>> data into a more coherent experience.
>>
>> We are glad to announce the release of uberblic.org, a free integration
>> service for the web of data which aims to create that integrated
>> experience.
>
> This is great, but how is it different from http://ckan.net?

[snip]

I think the main present differences from a quick read are (though I
note your later comments in this thread about expanding the scope of
CKAN ;0 ):

a) uberblic is focused on being a "data store" (albeit a very large
one!) -- whereas CKAN is focused on being a registry/catalogue linking
into various resources and stores elsewhere
b) uberblic is all about RDF/linked data -- whereas CKAN is happy to
link to any kind of data/resources from an csv or xls to a SPARQL
endpoint