[okfn-discuss] Ben Goldacre on open data.

David Jones david.jones at okfn.org
Thu Jul 1 08:18:00 UTC 2010

Just read Ben Goldacre's post:
http://www.badscience.net/2010/06/nullius-in-verba-in-verba-nullius/

His article was about the analysis he was, or was not, able to do as a
result of AAA mortality data being published.

He concludes: "Open data – people posting their data freely for all to
re-analyse – is the big hip new zeitgeist, and a vitally important new
idea. But I was surprised to find that the thing I’ve advocated for
wasn’t enough: open data is sometimes no use unless we also have open
methods."

I think it's worth asking him if you can republish his article on the okfn blog.

Cheers,
 drj