[okfn-discuss] Knight news challenge 2010: putting in a proposal ...

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Nov 29 12:50:32 UTC 2010

Hi All,

The Knight News Challenge deadline is this Wednesday (1st Dec) and
there's been some discussion among OKFN'ers about putting in a
proposal (or two). Here are the 2 main current ideas:

1. "Adding the Source" (Authenticity category)

Automated, human-moderated, linking of news stories to
underlying/related datasets and other materials (such as laws,
parliamentary transcripts etc)

2. Where Does My Money Go? (Authenticity or Community category)

This would involve expanding Where Does My Money Go? to specific
jurisdictions (e.g. the US or Germany) or to a specific local
community (not sure how specific their community concept is ...)

If you'd like to contribute ideas or help draft application I've put
up a pad: http://okfnpad.org/knc-2010