[okfn-discuss] role of VGI in science

Mr. Puneet Kishor punkish at eidesis.org
Sat Sep 4 14:03:05 UTC 2010

I will be at a workshop on "The Role of Volunteered Geographic Information in Advancing Science" [1] at the GIScience 2010 in Zurich starting in a week [2]. I have a position paper on measuring information accessibility [3], and, in addition, I will be piping up with the importance of license waivers such as CC0/PDDL and of CC-BY 3.0 license for scientists wanting to let loose their geographic and other scientific data.

If any of you are in the neighborhood, I would love to meet you face-to-face. If any of you have comments that you think might be worth adding to the babel, I would love to hear from you.

Many thanks,

[1] http://www.ornl.gov/sci/gist/workshops/index.shtml
[2] http://www.giscience2010.org/
[3] http://www.ornl.gov/sci/gist/workshops/paper_submissions.shtml