[okfn-discuss] OKCon 2011 - dates yet? How to participate?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Fri Sep 17 17:38:16 UTC 2010

dear all,

It's that time of year when i start wondering what's happening at next
year's OKCon. Rufus talked of doing two days this/next time.

I am asking partly out of self-interest, starting to meta-organise some
stuff in Edinburgh which ought to happen early March because of purdah
for the Scottish Parliament elections. I'm reminded that Jornadas SIG
Libre is happening 23rd-25th March.

Thinking about the week starting the 7th or 14th of March for this
series of three inter-connected conferences in Edinburgh, one on Open
Scholarship, one on Open Local Data, one on Free Software for
Government. With workshop/meetup days in between or at the end...
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ok-scotland/2010-September/000220.html

If one is interested in helping to put together OKCon where is the best
place to discuss it? Are there existing thoughts about place/time/etc.
Will we try to find more partner organisations - ORG for example?

love,

jo