[okfn-discuss] introducing… yours truly

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 3 09:27:04 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Zach Beauvais <z.beauvais at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hiya,
>
> I'm Zach, and work for Talis, a UK-based data company. For several years, I
> edited Nodalities <http://www.talis.com/nodalities>magazine, the final
> edition of which just went out last month. It was a wonderful project to
> work on, and I'm hoping to bring some ideas from that to the OKF group.

Great to hear from you. Talis has made many useful contributions to Openness
- and I have also been interviewed for Nodalities.

> *Data hosting in Kasabi is free. This means anyone can use Kasabi as a way
> to publish Open Data for others to use. A number of the core APIs and
> services, including basic Linked Data publishing will also always be a free
> part of the service. Data is most useful when it can be quickly and easily
> accessed and linked to other sources. This means the service provides a
> completely free platform for sharing Linked Open Data.*
>

> It is always worth clarifying "free". Presumably the content meets the
OKF's Open Defintion. Does the software allow for the addition of licence
info and/or OKF buttons?

I assume that Talis does not meet the Open Service
http://www.opendefinition.org/software-service/ as the software itself is
not Open.

--
Peter Murray-Rust