[okfn-discuss] introducing… yours truly

Zach Beauvais z.beauvais at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 13:46:11 UTC 2011

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the welcome. I think Leigh's piece about Kasabi's place for open data is actually pretty good for this question. And you can definitely choose license information when a dataset is published—have a look at a set's home within Kasabi and you see its license details right up front. These are selected by the publisher, so they can decide how data can be defined as Open.

There isn't a way to add any other buttons to a dataset at the moment, but it's possible to create CKAN registrations for datasets, and point at their host within Kasabi. I believe this is something we're looking at making easier too.

Cheers,
-Z

---
Zach Beauvais | @zbeauvais (http://www.twitter.com/zbeauvais)zachbeauvais.com (http://www.zachbeauvais.com/)