[okfn-discuss] Open Data Manual & some fun

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Mon Jul 4 07:44:38 UTC 2011

Vielen Dank Thomas, you raise a good point.

The technology we've chosen is a well used Sphinx documentation tool. When
Rufus & I were discussing which tools to use, we thought it would be best to
make sure that we use a mature tool that produced great web output. Sphinx
is used by other OKF projects, because of its wide adoption by the Python
community.

I've been thinking more and more that the team should consider Booki (
http://booki.cc). It provides a very easy to use web interface for edits &
exports nicely to both print and the web. Ideally, that would lower the
barriers to entry.

However, at this stage the Open Data Manual team is just starting. We would
love your input. Please join us:

Tim McNamara
Professional \\  paperlessprojects.com
Personal \\  @timClicks <http://twitter.com/timClicks>  |  timmcnamara.co.nz