[okfn-discuss] Aaron Swartz - should OKFN take a position?

Guo Xu digitalepourpre at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 11:21:44 UTC 2011

Hi there,

I agree that OKF should issue a statement - it does not need to
support Mr. Schwartz, but OKF - if it is indeed an authority in open
data and knowledge - should certainly comment on this, be it to point
out the difficulties and conflicts that arise between open access and
copyright.

Whether it is a lobbying organisation or not seems to be a theoretical
discussion - one cannot deny that it is advocating and encouraging
open data.

Guo