[okfn-discuss] Lucy and Jonathan: question re new Working Group pgs

Kaitlyn (Kat) Braybrooke kat.braybrooke at okfn.org
Mon Jun 13 19:39:30 UTC 2011

Hi again. Question for Jonathan, Lucy and Rufus especially (but all opinions
are appreciated here!)

I've updated the prospective EU Open Data Group page (
http://okfn.org/groups/working-group-on-eu-open-data/admin/edit-details/) to
reflect the changes you guys suggested (ie, it is now more concise, with a
link to the Wiki instead of a list of names, etc) and have added an image.

What do you think of this as a model for the other Group pages I'll create?
I am thinking of the following three requirements being standards for new
Working Group pages to keep things clear:

1) Each group provides a short blurb for the following three headlines:
Purpose, Projects, and Get Involved.
2) Each group provides an image which looks similar to the EU Open Data
group image (ie, a rounded icon with a descriptive image) and if this cannot
be provided, I shall make one.
3) Each group uses their (existing) Wiki for *internal* group member
communications and details, and the Group page on the OKFN website for the
*public face* for the Working Group (this will include group members adding
themselves as 'Members' on the page so the public can see the profiles of
who is involved).

Let me know if all of this sounds good, and if so I will proceed on creating
the rest of the new Group pages :)

| Kat Braybrooke*
*| Community Coordinator
| Open Knowledge Foundation, London UK