[okfn-discuss] Promoting the Public Domain Review?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Mar 1 11:19:27 UTC 2011

Thanks for your responses everyone!

John: yes! We'd really like to make this available to people with
eBook readers, mobile phones with eBook readers and other devices. Any
ideas on how we can promote to this audience? E.g. perhaps we could
try and get it featured on relevant blogs, linked to as a useful
resource, or even have the PDR as a 'blog' on the Kindle and other
devices. (Any ideas about how to do this sort of thing?)

Dewi: yes also a great idea! We've had a quick look for some websites,
but do you have any specific ideas on newsletters / groups /
librarians we could or should contact?

Jessy, Dewi: as this project has already been around for a few months,
and we have the domain names/Twitter account and a number of
followers, I'm reluctant to change the name unless its really
chronically bad or misleading. If this is mainly because it is not
clear what it is, bear in mind that it is the case with many wonderful
publications (e.g. 'Cabinet') that it is not obvious what it is until
you open the pages. Hopefully after glancing at a few articles and the
strapline ("[...] is a web-based review of public domain works") this
should be more clear. ;-)

Puneet: thank you for your enthusiasm - very encouraging!

This week's article is coming out later today.

All the best,

Jonathan