[okfn-discuss] OKF's Google Summer of Code application!

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Mar 1 16:17:30 UTC 2011

Hi all,

We should definitely put in an application to Google's Summer of Code
programme. We should aim to put this in on 10th March (formal deadline
is the 11th March):

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/program/home/google/gsoc2011
http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/faqs#mentor_apply

Suggest we could put in for:

  * CKAN
  * WDMMG / Open Spending
  * Annotator
  * Public Domain Works
  * Bibliographica
  * Open Literature
  * YourTopia
  * [others?]

In the first instance we need:

  * Someone to coordinate the OKF's Google Summer of Code application
(suggest internal deadline of 8-9th March to give us time to review
this)
  * Someone to be the OKF's main 'administrator' for Summer of Code

I should have some time to do this early next week.

Jason: do you also have any bandwidth for this?

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator
The Open Knowledge Foundation