[okfn-discuss] Terrible Search results for "open license"

Alex Stinson stinsoad at dukes.jmu.edu
Fri May 20 09:02:09 UTC 2011

Just a thought: if you find the correct Wikipedia page with a very similar
or related name and if everyone clicks on it about 5-10 times in a google
search on several distinct occasions, it should bring the article towards
the top of the google search where natural interest and the high level of
trust the algorithm places on Wikipedia will keep it there in the top 1-4
hits. I did this with the article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keenan_Cahill and
several others because I have noticed how much crap is on the internet
related to the topics, it is in the best interest of everyone to have a
mildly accurate Wikipedia article at the beginning (where the OKFN could
appropriately use one of it's relevant publications to create an appropriate
and accurate reference. I may be recommending SEO techniques, but remember
when using Wikipedia as an SEO tool, you need to make sure that you stick to
the communities' rules as well.). As it is right now OKFN is overwhelmingly
represented on the page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_content which is
the redirect for Open license, but it doesn't show up on my google
searches.

Alex Stinson
User:Sadads