[okfn-discuss] Next Saturday (November 19th): OKFN Hack Day

Tom Rees tom.rees at okfn.org
Fri Nov 11 13:32:42 UTC 2011

Hey everybody,
Next Saturday (November the 19th) we'll be gathering as many developers and
designers as possible *from noon *at the *Barbican Centre *in London to
take advantage of their free wi-fi and to do some hacking :-)
If you can't make it in person, you're welcome to *join us online* in #okfn
on FreeNode. We'd like as many people as possible!

Our goal is to build a *Community Dashboard* for deployment on the OKFN
main site. The requirements are happily fuzzy - we're imagining a Google
Maps mashup with information about blog posts, latest news from working
groups, deployments of software projects, activity on the Data Hub, ... you
get the picture. The Dashboard will be a one-stop shop to see everything
going on across the Foundation, and to help people feel involved in the
wider community. Because we can build anything we like, there's plenty of
opportunity for everybody to influence how it turns out.
So please come and join us! We've created a Meetup page to host the event,
so you can let us know if you are coming: http://meetu.ps/5j8tC

- Tom

PS. The in-person event will run approximately from 12 o'clock to Pub
o'clock. Maybe we'll order some pizza.