[okfn-discuss] Open University

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Wed Dec 5 11:38:11 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 11:41:59AM +0100, Chris Monaghan wrote:
> enter into this online content world. For example, I imagine they'd want to
> make some online content for their best program(s) and use the online
> content of others for programs that dont have the best professors.

get into the business of certifying peoples online-acquired skills, this is
still the biggest problem with online curricula, it is not accepted as a
formal educational degree.

alternatively into localizing the online curricula into national language.

> But easier said than done. Also regarding open data,
>
> university's current IP regulations...

if it is a publicly funded university, or the research is publicly funded,
then there should be no IPR whatsoever.

> it's all quite complicated and I'm interesting in different
> types of solutions that would fit well for conservative schools.

conservative schools should consider becoming less conservative :) else
similar fate awaits as them entertainment industry/repressive
governments/etc...

--
pgp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/stef.gpg
*NEW* pgp fp: FD52 DABD 5224 7F9C 63C6  3C12 FC97 D29F CA05 57EF