[okfn-discuss] The Open Handbook - a One Week Book project

Michael Bauer michael.bauer at okfn.org
Mon Dec 10 09:17:22 UTC 2012

John,

Fiurst of all one week book - this makes 52 Books/year?

I do think that the topic of openness can use more well written advocacy
material from different perspectives.

One thing I believe is crucial these days is to look at the copyright
debate as well: How can we make our standard ways more open?

A resource for this would be lawrence lessigs free culture:
        http://free-culture.cc/freecontent/

Will spam you more if more comes in mind.

Michael

On Sun, Dec 09, 2012 at 12:29:52AM +1030, John Baxter wrote:
> Hello OKFN!
>
> I found out about OKFN doing background research for a One Week Book I'm
> writing next week.  I'm working on an Open Handbook (guidebook for
> openness).  Interpret that how you will.  : )  It's early days yet and the
> topic is yet to emerge fully.  (I have notes on the topic
> here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rY4WsUFkLKJ2vp1pWJlzLsorRAXfEpd78DXeI3JIa3g/edit#>
> .)
>
> Would appreciate some advice...  The big question - do you think there's a
> book worth writing in that topic statement, that hasn't already been
> written?  I'd also like to know if you can point me in the direction of
> references that have covered the topic.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Also, if you want to keep up with it, I'm using a Facebook
> Page<http://www.facebook.com/pages/One-Week-Book/309661742478401>(all
> my docs are also open - e.g. project
> overivew<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E4x53Ih8f6ceNOXOT9_DSrbupyZJYJbNhP_0_8yK78g/edit>
> ).
>
> *John Baxter*
> www.jsbaxter.com.au
> @JohnSBaxter

Data Wrangler with the Open Knowledge Foundation (OKFN.org)
GPG/PGP key: http://tentacleriot.eu/mihi.asc
Twitter: @mihi_tr Skype: mihi_tr