[okfn-discuss] The Open Handbook - a One Week Book project

John Baxter john.slade.baxter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 08:28:11 UTC 2012

Thanks for your help!

I hadn't come across the handbooks yet.  The Open Data Handbook in
particular will be really useful - and it's great that I can point to a
quality source on Open Data and not need to write too much myself. I really
want to focus on the concept of 'openness' and not need to write about what
others know much better than I do.  Thanks Rufus!

Michael, feel free to spam me with more content any time you like. : )  The
'free culture' stream is one I hadn't really picked up on yet.  I fear I
won't get the chance to cover it properly (I do only have a week, and it's
a fascinating jungle), but I will definitely touch on it.   It's a great
illustration of how openness isn't just about noisy social media, or
specific collaborations, but can have macro effects when taken up on a
cultural level - very much what I'm trying to advocate.

If you're interested in keeping up, this
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SNhvBkSPZ1oVuEUpNsPudk4F4oKnP9XnECiOGY9zpys/edit#>is
my content overview document, and
this<http://www.facebook.com/pages/One-Week-Book/309661742478401>is
the Facebook page.  It's coming along a bit slower than I'd have
liked,
but it is coming along, it's been a great experience and I think some of
the content actually isn't that bad.  So, back to it!

*John Baxter*
www.jsbaxter.com.au
@JohnSBaxter

NB. I process my inbox once daily. Tweet, or include 'urgent' somewhere in
your subject line to get my attention more quickly.