[okfn-discuss] The Open Handbook - a One Week Book project

John Baxter john.slade.baxter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 05:33:13 UTC 2012

Status update on the One Week Book...
It's coming along, I have most of my ideas out there, in rough form, and
working away at it to get it done by tomorrow night (Australian time!).

There are a few references in this
section<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BUdg-ts0Y87olECI6bMBTjj4JuCS3emKHEfgv_GY_No/edit#heading=h.qzlfzy15cxya>
and
scattered elsewhere about the value of open data.  Oh, and I mentioned OKFN
(re Open Book) here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BUdg-ts0Y87olECI6bMBTjj4JuCS3emKHEfgv_GY_No/edit#heading=h.h9dodrifqd9w>
.

I haven't really ended up spending much time on open knowledge.  Given all
the facets of openness it was always going to be a challenge to say much on
any pocket, especially given the limitations of my knowledge!  If people
find value in the book I'd love to put more work into a second version,
perhaps fill it out with more specific information that others can
contribute to.

If anyone has the chance to have a look at either of those parts, I'd be
interested to hear:

   - is it wrong, nonsensical, or just really bad?
   - what would you add (or take away) to make it worth reading?

It's an open GDoc so feel free to comment in-document.

Cheers!

@JohnSBaxter
www.jsbaxter.com.au