[okfn-discuss] Hosting of open data for science

Zach Beauvais z.beauvais at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 15:23:56 UTC 2012

Any major problems with Amazon S3? Does it need app-space, or is it storing static files? It's pretty well-known, so shouldn't be too bad for transfer to new/different people, and there are a lot of libraries supporting building against it.

S3 might be a good option, but the Data Hub would be awesome to make it more useable too.

Another thing is cost: S3 would be pretty good if you're looking to store big files which might not be accessed too often, but could be pricey if they're used extensively.

An interesting balancing act.

-Z

--
Zach Beauvais | @zbeauvais (http://twitter.com/zbeauvais)