[okfn-discuss] New crowdfunding system in the works exclusively for Free/Libre/Open resources

Aaron Wolf wolftune at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 19:31:14 UTC 2012

Snowdrift.coop is now up on Gitorious and on GitHub. There is a link in the
footer at the main homepage.
The code is written in Haskell.

The current status is: the code is public, but the live site is still
invite-only.

We have added a wiki system with a discussion section for each wiki page.
My goal over the next week is to thoroughly update the proposals and add
further sections to wiki pages. Anyone can ask me for an invitation code
and log in to access the wiki stuff and help refine the details. The wiki
content is stored in the live site's database, so it isn't in the code. I
will post an announcement soon after I have finished putting together the
initial wiki pages.

We are not at publicity stage yet. We want to make sure the concepts are
clear and organized before we go more public. There is tons of work to do.

Thanks everyone for your initial feedback. Please contact me with any
questions and especially if you would consider joining the official
steering committee.

Cheers,
Aaron

--