[okfn-discuss] Fwd: [open-linguistics] Options for licenses

Sebastian Nordhoff sebastian_nordhoff at eva.mpg.de
Mon Mar 12 11:26:09 UTC 2012

Dear all,

I forward a question about licenses which might be of more general
importance. It concerns licenses for the content of databases, where
triplification should be permitted, but no other alterations (for whatever
reason).

This would be some kind of "some-derivatives" license.

I understand that such a license would not meet the Open Definition, but
for the case at hand, it might be this or nothing.

Any ideas how to deal with this issue legally?

Best wishes

Sebastian