[okfn-discuss] Libraries, Media & The Semantic Web hosted by the BBC

Adrian Stevenson adrian.stevenson at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Mar 22 15:38:52 UTC 2012

Hi All

I'm a newbie to this list, though I have been tracking OKFN activities for a while. I attended an excellent OKFN licensing clinic recently, and have had a few chats with Sam Leon about working with OKFN on some workshops that the JISC funded 'Discovery' initiative is proposing to run. Info on Discovery at http://discovery.ac.uk/

I had hoped to invite you to a meeting I'm speaking at, and have helped organise, along with folks from the New York Times, Schema.org, the BBC, History Pin and KONA:

'Libraries, Media & The Semantic Web hosted by the BBC' -

http://www.meetup.com/LondonSWGroup/events/56987682/

I'm afraid that by the time I was able to get this message out, the meeting was fully booked, although there is a waiting list for anyone who's keen.  I was travelling when the announcement came out, and it booked up very quickly.

I hope this of some interest at least.

Adrian
Adrian Stevenson
Technical Innovations Coordinator