[okfn-discuss] OKFestival Call for Proposals Open!

Kat Braybrooke kat.braybrooke at okfn.org
Wed Mar 28 17:02:35 UTC 2012

Greetings - we are happy to inform you that OKFestival's Call for Proposals
is now officially released!

You can find the Call for Proposals (submission deadlines April 20th and
June 1st) here [1] and our blog posting with the details here [2].

This year, we're opening up more than 2/3 of the programme to you as Guest
Organisers - and I'm hoping much of that programming will come from OKF
networks and the many great projects you're all involved with. This move is
based on our belief that when an event is crowdsourced through a
co-operative combination of civil society representatives, programmers,
data wranglers, students and members of government, the most interesting
results (and relationships!) are facilitated.

Also, if any of you are in Estonia next month, we'll presenting OKFestival
at the Free City Festival [3] in Tallinn – and in the meantime, we’ll see
you online. Looking forward to working with many of you more as you become
Guest Organisers and join us in Helsinki!

Kat [apologies for imminent cross-posting!]

[1] http://okfestival.org <http://www.okfestival.org/>
[2]
http://blog.okfn.org/2012/03/28/okfestival-call-for-proposals-released-with-a-twist/
[3]