[okfn-discuss] Fwd: [Wikidata-l] Press release about Wikidata

Patricio Molina patriciomolina at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 15:10:37 UTC 2012

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Denny Vrandečić <denny.vrandecic at wikimedia.de>
Date: 2012/3/30
Subject: [Wikidata-l] Press release about Wikidata
To: Wikidata list <wikidata-l at lists.wikimedia.org>

Hi all,

Wikimedia Germany is sending out a press release about Wikidata today.
The press release sums up the information that has been published on
Meta since last Wikimania, where it has been first presented, and
discussed and refined since then, including information about the
donation that is making Wikidata possible.

<http://www.wikimedia.de/wiki/Pressemitteilungen/PM_3_12_Wikidata_EN>

We are very excited about the Wikidata development team starting on
Monday. This also means, that in the future we will be communicating
about Wikidata much more, as the development is finally starting. Yay!

I want to take this opportunity to thank the donors of Wikidata, the
Allen Institute of Artificial Intelligence ai2, the Gordon and Betty
Moore Foundation, and Google for the generous support, that enables us
to work on the Wikidata project for the next year.

Exciting times are waiting for us, Cheers all,
Denny

--
Project director Wikidata
Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | Eisenacher Straße 2 | 10777 Berlin

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das

Patricio Molina
http://twitter.com/patriciomolina