[okfn-discuss] OKFestival Topic Streams of 2012 and Last Call for Proposals

kevin carter info at co-lab.org
Thu May 17 08:40:01 UTC 2012

Kat,

cheers for this  -  i have to say i think it is a shame not to have a
stream on artists creating and working with open data, i obviously think
its really important, the cultural heritage stream is, I am guessing is
more about accessibility to existing archives, whereas the initial proposal
I submitted (http://okfestival.okfnpad.org/helsinki?) constituted a
critical approach to  open data, including its ideology, production,
dissemination and the demography of its users - can't really see how this
fits with any of the stream though ?

Be interested on your thoughts,

Cheers

Kevin

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Kat Braybrooke <kat.braybrooke at okfn.org>wrote:

> Hello OKFN folk,
>
> A quick note from the OKFestival Core Organising Team. This week, we are
> happy to announce the 13 Topic Streams for 2012, all organised by Guest
> Programme Planning teams from around the world, and our 2nd (and last!)
> Call for Proposals.
>
> Now is the time to submit your ideas to share with a truly global
> community in Finland this September - and I believe many of you working
> within open data and open knowledge communities will be inspired by this
> year's topics of focus. The deadline is June 1st, so be sure to get your
> ideas in by then.
>
> Blog post with all details, including a public-domain Slideshare
> presentation that explains OKFestival 2012 in 14 slides, can be found here:
> http://bit.ly/2ndCallAnnouncement
>
> Looking forward to seeing many of you in Helsinki this fall!
>
> Kat
>
> | Kat Braybrooke | Community Coordinator
> | Local Chapters and OKFestival
> | Open Knowledge Foundation | London
> | OKFN.org <http://okfn.org/> | Twitter @kat_braybrooke<http://twitter.com/kat_braybrooke>

-----------------------------
Kevin Carter
-----------------------------
Co-Lab Projects - www.co-lab.org
2b Swanfield Street, London, E2 7DS
+44 [0] 20 7193 0317
+44 [0]7970-680029
-----------------------------
PHD Researcher
Westminster University

Blog:  http://landscape-portrait.blogspot.com/

Current Projects:

> Landscape/Portrait 2010.
 Info: http://www.co-lab.org/Landscape_Portrait_Kevin_Carter_2008.htm

Recent Projects:

> ThePublic Gallery - West Bromwich 2008
 Regional Voice 2008. Black Country software voice.

> Burnley Public Art Projects 2008.
 Info: http://www.co-lab.org/commissions/BurnleyPublicArtProject2008.htm
 Press Review:
http://www.publicartonline.org.uk/casestudies/housing/burnley/description.php