[okfn-discuss] [project proposal] OpenTest

Sebastian Beca sebastian.beca at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 15:01:16 UTC 2012

Hi Rufus,

Thanks for taking the time to look through it! =)

Answering your questions:

1. The project considers both a Question/Test Editor (composer) as well as
the database of questions.

2. Up to this point I'm considering CC-BY-SA-NC for the site and editing
tools that will become available on it. I have kept the NC because one of
the main motivations of the Chilean Education Revolution of the past years
is to move away from profiting in education, i.e. 'Education is not for
sale' [1]. It might be a bit harsh and could discourage some people from
using the contents, but I still think it's a better option for this
project. Also I've noticed the OER Commons project also works with the NC
license.

Regarding the database of questions, I'm considering using the OpenDatabase
license [2] as I understand it is more specific for databases, and it is
now being used in OSM and is an OKFN project. I'm not sure what the NC
equivalent is in that license yet...

The licensing is still something I'm reviewing so I'm open to hear opinions
and ideas regarding this.

Sebastian

[1]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%932012_Chilean_student_protests
[2]: http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/